Friday, November 14, 2008

Texas

A few baby birds getting bigger. I watched them everyday until one day I came out and they were no longer there. I believe they are Swallows. 
Love this picture. Close up of a lizard on the side of our house.
Mr. Grasshopper stops and poses for the camera.
This shot was hard to get. Had to sit for quiet awhile before I could get a hornet to land exactly where I wanted it to.
This bat was injured somehow, so it was smart and decided to hang out on the outside of our house for awhile till it was better.
I have no idea what this is. My best guess would be a road runner, just because it was running so fast when I tried to capture a shot of it. Thankfully I was quick with the camera and got this awesome picture.
Deer are very frequent around our house. Wasn't all that surprised of this baby deer coming up close to the house.
A sunny day, flowers in bloom, the perfect day to take pictures of bees! Yeah! I seriously took 20-30 photos. I'm glad I ended up with a least one that I liked.
These are cool looking creatures. Their called Barbary Sheep or some like to call them Aoudad where I live. There mostly hanging out on the mountains that surround our house. It's really hard to see them, so first you have to listen carefully and you usually can here them climbing around and also hear rocks being rustled and moved. 
Definitely a type of tarantula. I was digging in our little garden patches on our deck and found this guy crawling around. Luckily I found him before something ugly happened. But I think tarantulas are one of the least harmful. 

5 Comments:

Blogger Black Jack's Carol said...

I didn't realize there was so much wildlife where you grew up. And tarantulas. Wow!

I tried to find a google picture of your "road runner" bird. I'm wondering if it is some kind of pheasant.

I can really relate to spending hours trying to get a subject land where you want it. if you check out my very first post, I waited and waited for those herons to either fly in, or fly out. I managed to get a few decent just taking off shots, but I'm still looking for that perfect, in the sky, flight pic.

Anyhow, I'm loving your blog. Can you tell?

November 15, 2008 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger William said...

Yeah, there's a lot of wildlife down in Texas. I actually just moved down there about a year and half ago. Before I was living in Seattle and my dad decided to move down to Texas since he was getting a divorce. And even before we lived in Seattle, we were in Minnesota. We lived for for seven years or so, and my dad finally got tired of the snow so we moved.

November 16, 2008 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Black Jack's Carol said...

So, Minnesota for your first seven years, then Seattle, and then Texas/Vancouver happened sort of simultaneously. Have I got it right?

November 16, 2008 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger William said...

Yeah, Minnesota for my first seven. Then Seattle for about nine and a half years, during which I decided to go to Bodwell. And then down to Texas. It was quite the change. Rain all the time in Seattle (like Vancouver) and sunny almost everyday of the year down in Texas. I'm liking it, lots of interesting people down where I live.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=alpine,+tx&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

November 16, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger William said...

Above is a link to google maps where I live.

Just copy and paste into your url window.

November 16, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home